Aeon Learning – Data Science EngineerAEON Learning is disrupting the world of professional education targeting working professionals. Aeon Learning offers a range of options ranging from management degrees from prestigious universities to leading edge technology courses taught by highly specialized mentors, powered by a matchless online technology platform. The vision is to make quality education accessible to the deserving irrespective of geographical constraints, so that everyone everywhere has an opportunity to reach their full potential.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java, Python etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc. Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
Python,Pandas,Numpy,Matplotlib,Statistics,Machine Learning Algorithms(Regression,Classification,Clustering,Time series),Natural Language processing,Neural Networks,Tensorflow.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement ofproduct development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Aeon Learning – Senior / Data Science Engineer