Skills are the most important thing for every person to occupy his position and be productive in any field. The collaboration of Core and Trending skills with a smart effort will always deliver you the most accurate and perfect result set.
This is the era of technologies an individual with the right expertise is the most esteemed entity.
Free Step-by-step Guide To Become A Data Scientist
Subscribe and get this detailed guide absolutely FREE
In this blog, we brief the top 5 most in-demand skills to have in 2019.
Let us begin, then.
1. Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is one of the best technologies in the computational world and key part of enterprise digital transformation strategy- including servers, storage, networking, databases, analytics, and intelligence. cloud computing to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. There are a lot of companies working on cloud computing which reduces operating costs and run more efficiently.
Types of cloud services:
- serverless and
Most of the cloud computing services can be divided into four categories: software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and serverless. These categories are called the cloud computing stack because they build on top of one another.
According to Forbes, the revenue will increase to $167B by 2020 and the external cloud adoption will increase from 22% to 32% in 2020.
IT Professionals with cloud-computing skills earn an average salary of $120,900. however, taking a step ahead into this industry, you need to pick up a few skills that will increase your chances to get the best job in the field.
Skills required for cloud computing:-
- Programming skills like Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby
- Framework skills like DevOps
- Database knowledge like SQL
- Linux skills
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft AZURE, etc.
2. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is the technology which changes the face of the world. Artificial Intelligence has the potential to enormously change the way that humans connect with the digital world and in the near future, its impact is expected to grow further.
In the last few years – Big data, Machine learning and the development of deep learning have brought a revolution in artificial intelligence.
Today the devices store everyday data and generate huge data sets, which “Machine learning” and “deep learning” algorithms analysis to find trends and make predictions.
Artificial intelligence is a growing field in today’s industry.
According to Forbes jobs requiring machine learning skills are paying an average of $114,000. Advertised data scientist jobs pay an average of $105,000 and advertised data engineering jobs pay an average of $117,000.
Without a doubt, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are the two advanced technologies ruling the current marketplace AI will create close to 2.3 million jobs by 2020. Personal with skills in deep learning and machine learning in-demand for AI positions has increased in the past years.
Skills required to learn AI
- Mobile Application DevelopmentLearn Programming Languages like Python/SAS/R
- Data science- Machine learning and deep learning Algorithms.
- Natural-Language Processing for text analysis.
- Neural networks
- Data mining, Data filtering, Speech Recognition, Virtual assistants
- Analytic skills.
- Solid Mathematical and Algorithms Knowledge
- Good Command Over Unix Tools such as awk, grep, sort, find, cut, etc.
3. Analytics specialist
Analytics specialist is analytical thinking that gives the ability to solve problems to improve business processes. Organizations worldwide are dealing with enormous volumes of data, and as companies get more versed at collecting data. Data Analytics professionals collect, process and perform statistical analyses of data for business insights and to drive vital growth.
Qualified data analytics and Business analytics professionals are in huge demand and can offer high salaries for specialized skills.
According to Forbes, Data Analyst jobs are among the most challenging to fill, taking five days longer to find qualified candidates than the market average. Employers are willing to pay premium salaries for professionals with expertise in these areas as well. The study found that the employers are willing to pay a premium of $8,700 above-median bachelor’s and graduate-level salaries, with successful applicants earning a starting salary of $80,200. Experienced Data Scientists and Data Engineers are negotiating sales of over $100,000.
Skills required to learn analytics
- Mathematics and Analytics
- Programming languages for Statistical analysis like R, Python, SAS, etc
- SQL databases and database querying languages
- Business intelligence and data visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
- Ability to differentiate between tools and methods
4. UX Design
UX Design is basically known as user research. The main goal of the UX design is customer satisfaction and loyalty through the utility and provide an attractive product. UX has long been recognized as a driver of business success, and this will remain to be a key topic in 2019. In recent years, there have been several experiments to scale the business value of best design.
User Experience (UX) Designer Tasks
- Collaborate with designers, executives, clients, engineers, and product managers to find a result that improves user experience.
- Design prototypes and perform user testing to handle each iteration of the design.
- Present design concepts and outputs that meet business or client requirements.
- Tools like Hadron App have started to unify Design and Dev workflows into a single UI that has two distinct “views”.
The average salary across 102 countries is $54,500, with the highest average being in $102,614 in Switzerland and The national average salary for a User Experience Designer is ₹9,12,000 in India.
Tips for UX Designer
- Be a user first and think like a user.
- Be familiar with UX tools like Adobe Creative Suite
- understand typographical rules, color theory, and visual hierarchy
5. Mobile Application Development
Mobile apps are on a steady growth with the coming of newer devices and regularly updated platforms with new
capabilities offered to businesses. The present era of mobile apps is within the transformation part, also communication has become faster and easier. The reason that has junction rectifier to higher interaction and association is that the increase within the range of social media apps. A device-enabled product like the location-based apps increased and video game apps, sound-based apps, associated mobile games are powering a tremendous
The mobile app developers are continuously trying to find an associate update that what’s new within the market from the technical perspective. That’s why they keep an eye fixed on the newest mobile app development trends associated technologies that may set an imprint within the future years.
Mobile application development now the most in-demand skill the IT industry. Mobile app sales are expected to reach $99 billion (approximately £75 billion) in 2019, according to a forecast from Juniper Research.
Skills required for Mobile App Developers:
- Cross-platform App Development
- Mobile UI Designing
- Knowledge of programming languages like C, C++ and Java
- Cybersecurity Guidelines
- Expert in Agile Methodologies
- Make yourself proficient with iOS, android and Hybrid.
Top 5 most in-demand soft skills
1 . Creativity
Creativity involves new creations, new ideas, smarter activity, a different way of thinking, problem-solving attitude. With creativity, one can change their living standard. Before thinking about creativity, you have to understand about your surroundings, nature or problem, analyze the different outcomes.
Tips to become creative
- Play with your brain
- Challenge your brain
- Break your old lifestyle pattern
- Ask one question # WHY?
- Eat your ideas and improve it
Adaptability is directly proportional to the learning, learning comes in many ways like Learning from experience, Learning from the experiment, Learning from books, etc. ‘Adaptability means to adopt the change’.
Tips to become more adaptable:-
- Always open to understand
- Enhance your Curiosity
- Open your mind to change
- Change is not easy but not impossible
- Engaging yourself with self positive talk
Collaboration is an act of working with someone to produce something. Sometimes collaboration becomes difficult but you should have to handle the situation according to the demand of the organization.
Tips to become collaborative:-
- Encourage the team
- Understand the purpose
- Define the roles of individual
- Identify the strength of the team
- Relationship is a key
When someone suffers from a more difficult time then there is a hidden opportunity waiting for side by side.
Tips to encourage yourself:-
- Accepting Life’s Challenges
- Take a wise decision
- Fight for your dreams
- Decide how to Change
- Stay motivated
5. Time Management
Time is the most valuable thing. Nobody can earn time. The clock is always running, each and every person having their 24/7 hrs. The interesting thing is how can you manage the time.
Tips to manage time:-
- Trust me sometimes saying “NO” will save more time
- Find your to-do list
- Identify the key and make it a habit
- Start early
- Focus to complete the task before the deadline