Hadoop environment has made our work simpler and we can now insert and work with data effortlessly and quickly.
How about inserting table in Hadoop which already exists in MySQL?
- Installing MySQL
- Creating a table and inserting values
- Installing Sqoop
- Fetching the table within MySQL using Sqoop
There’s only one prerequisite:
Running instance of Hadoop in any Linux OS.
Steps to install MySQL are as follows:
- Open terminal and follow the command below:Installing SqoopSteps to install Sqoop are as follows:
- Download Sqoop (1.99.6) from the link:
- Download the highlighted tar file. Extract it and place it in a secure location.
Note: Location should not be altered.