Before getting into Interview preparation we will have a look at skills required for a front end developer:
- Proper understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understanding server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
Getting an Interview
The best way to find a job is through social networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook etc. Most of the jobs can be found in groups. You can find your dream job here.
Once you have found a job which is suitable for you and you think you can do it then it’s time to give a try. Submit all the required things that they ask for. Try to meet all their criteria. If you don’t then do your best to show why you are the right person for that role.
After you have found your dream job, next step will be preparing yourself for the interview.
Interviewers only get to see a brief snapshot of you and your work in the interview so you need to present yourself in an extraordinary manner.
This means that you will be asked a variety of questions to roughly judge your ability. No matter how good you are at writing code, if you can’t answer questions on basic fundamental topics, then chances are that the interview will not go well. So, one thing to do before your interview is to brush up your basic knowledge.
Next step is to do some research about the company. Some interviewers might ask you even about their company. So it’s better to be prepared about some questions related to the company.
Update your Portfolio
Update portfolio in websites like Quora, LinkedIn, Stack OverFlow to make your visibility.
Build up your Resume
Before writing your resume, search for some good online resumes which suit your profile. You can get different ideas to build up your own through these sample resumes. Include all your skills, values, experiences which can impress your interviewers. Also ensure that your resume is up to date with all the valid information. Don’t forget to include your online profile link of LinkedIn, Quora, Stack OverFlow.
Preparing for the Interview
Once your resume is complete, prepare yourself for the day by practicing the expected interview questions. As we say practice makes man perfect, the more we practice the better we can perform in the interview.
I have listed below some of the interview question that are likely to be asked.
Some questions related to HTML are:
- What are the major differences between HTML and HTML5?
- What is the difference between <p> tag and <span> tag?
- What is purpose of getCurrentPosition() method of geolocation object of HTML5?
- What’s new HTML 5 DocType and Charset?
- Canvas Vs SVG?
Now for some CSS questions:
- What is grouping? What it is used for?
- What are Pseudo-class?
- How is float property implemented?
- How to restore the default property value using CSS?
- Why shouldn’t I use fixed sized fonts?
- What is the use of isNaN function?
- What is === operator?
- What is event Delegation?
- What is bubbling event?
- What would be the result of 3+2+”9″?
Apart from this on needs to keep updated on the current hot topics in Front-end development.
Few things to remember during the interview:
- First impressions matters.
- Be on time.
- Dress appropriately.
- Don’t be nervous, believe that you are the right person for this job and make the interviewer believe as well.
- Throughout the interview, show how passionate and enthusiastic you are. No employer wants to hire someone who is disinterested.
- Show them your positive strengths, and even try to convert your weakness into strengths.
Let us know what are some of the things that you do follow while preparing yourself for interviews?
Please share with us your experiences in the comment section below. I hope you achieve your dream job soon!!
About the Author
Feel free to contact her at [email protected] in case you have any query.
Keep visiting our site www.acadgild.com for more updates on Bigdata and other technologies.