AdMob is best for free and paid ways to promote your Android application using Android’s powerful feature i.e. Advertisement.
Ads are easy and effective ways to earn revenues using Apps. AdMob brings a special technology in a single Ad for your Apps, so that you can maximize your App revenue. For this you need not rely on any advertisement tool or any other advertisement resource to build your own application marketing.
- Over 7,50,000 Apps use AdMob
- $1.5 billion+ paid to developers
- Fast, reliable payment service
- Best rates for advertisement
- Industry leading platform and more effective than others
There are some other services like Smaato, iAd, Appsfire and many more. But AdMob provides a reliable and effective service to their customers. The services are provided by Google so you can trust AdMob from marketing point of view.
Some other Ad Networks are mentioned below:
- Facebook Ads
What is AdMob?
AdMob is a Mobile Advertising company that provides cross platform advertisement. The name -AdMob is a combination of “Advertising” and “Mobile”. It provides advertising solution for different mobile platforms like Android, iOS, WebOS and Windows Phone. It is one of the largest mobile advertising company to serve more than 40 billion mobile banners and text Ads per month across different websites and mobile applications.
Some of the AdMob Features are:
- Smarter App Promotion: Using AdMob, the promotion of any App can be done in a smarter manner. You can advertise your current App in different applications as well.
- Robust Ad Filters: The advertisements can be filtered in a robust and secure way. It is an easy process for promoting ads.
- Maximized earnings: You can also earn money for advertising in your App. You can also generate money after advertisements in different Apps.
- Intelligent Reports: You can create a promotion report by promoting your App on other Apps.
Google AdMobs – How it Works?
Google provides the AdMob advertising platform especially for mobile applications. For this, advertisers pay Google to use its AdMob as a platform for promoting applications within existing Mobile Apps. Google AdMob has greatly furthered the monetization of mobile applications and advertising it on mobile Ad network and integrating with mobile applications.
Now, we will check “How AdMob works in Android App” ?
There are mainly two types of AdMob Ads:
- Banner Ads: In this type of Ad, we can choose any text and image by checking the check boxes. There is some size limitation according to your banner. Banner Ads are generally displayed at the in bottom of your App.
- Interstitial Ads: In this type of Ad, we can choose any text, image or video by checking the check boxes. You need to check at least one check box. Unchecking all checkboxes will give you an error. Interstitial Ads generally covers a whole page/size of your mobile App.
The below table gives us the details about the different sizes for different Ads:
|Text Ads (App)||Any Ad units.|
|Text Ads (website)||Banner Ad units only.|
|Image Ads||Interstitial Ad units only:
Banner Ad units only:
Monetize your App with Ads:
To monetize an App with Ads & to make money with Ads the below mentioned steps need to be followed:
- Sign In to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
2. Click on Monetize New App.
3. Give your App Name and Platform Details and click on Add App.
- Select an App to monetize by one of the below mentioned 3 methods:
- Search for your Apps
– Search Google Play for your App, then click + Select to select a particular App
- Add your App manually
– If your App is not published, enter the App name and the platform, then click + Select to add the App manually.
- Select from Apps you have added
– In the list of Apps you have already in AdMob account, click + Select to select a particular App.
- To Create an Ad Unit, select an Ad Format and enter the relevant details for Banner or Interstitial
- Click on Save Button
This is the Final Screen of your Register Account. Just copy Ad Unit Id. It will be helpful for future use while coding.
- Review the On-Screen instructions to learn how to implement the new Ad Unit in your App.
Note: Your App will not start serving Ads to the Ad unit until you’ve implemented the Ad unit in your App’s code.
Follow the above steps and you will get a Registered ID for AdMob. You can apply this ID for your Ad.
Hope this blog was helpful in knowing about how to use AdMob & Ad Unit ID generation. You can find out how to implement it for android App in next blog which is available in the link given below: