Arduino Uno is the board used for beginners. Although there are many versions of Arduino boards, why is it that Arduino Uno is preferred among others?
We know that Arduino is a great microcontroller platform for anyone interested in building a project in electronics. One of the best thing about it is that it’s undergoing constant innovation. There are a variety of Arduino boards available in the market that you can use as your controller. So you need to find out the perfect hardware for the kind of project that you will be working on.
Each board has its own features and was built to suit different level of applications. The different types of Arduino boards that are used for beginners are:
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino 101
- Arduino Pro
- Arduino Mini
- Arduino Micro
- Arduino Nano and many more
Arduino Uno is the most standard board available and probably the best choice for a beginner. It is a good all-purpose board that has enough features for a beginner to get started with. Some of its better features are:
- Its biggest advantage is that we connect the board to the computer via a USB cable which does a dual purpose of supplying power and acting as a Serial port to interface the Arduino and the computer.
- It can also be powered by a 9V-12V AC to DC adapter.
- The ATmega328 chip can be newly bought, removed and replaced if damaged which is not possible with other versions.
- The board operates at 5V throughout, i.e. digital pins output or read 5v and analog pins read in the range 0-5V.
- Lots of example code and projects are done using Arduino Uno, hence will get good support.
- The Uno features 14 Digital I/O pins and 6 Analog I/O pins.
- Lot of extra Add-on hardware is built for Uno. Special hardware is available for Internet, Bluetooth, Motor control etc.
- It is the cheapest board (Rs.1600 only) with all these features.
This summer, plan a memorable summer vacation for your child. Gift your child a cutting-edge skill, making him future ready. Make a wise decision today, for your child’s better tomorrow.
If you want to learn about Arduino and do some simple and creative projects, Arduino Uno is the best for tinkering. AcadGild provides practical and quality training on Arduino Uno. We at AcadGild will be providing the Arduino Uno kit along with the course.
To read more about Arduino, kindly visit our blog site, https://acadgild.com/blog/category/kids/
For more details on the course, kindly go to the website, https://acadgild.com/programming-for-kids/arduino
If you have any queries related to the Technology or the course, you can drop a mail to [email protected]