In the field of UI/UX design, designers face immense challenges, cut-throat competition and users who are very selective about the online content they engage with nowadays. Thus, it is essential for UI UX designers to enhance their skills and continuously improve the user experiences they deliver.
In this article, we will explore six UI/UX design tutorials that would help in gaining a better understanding of user interfaces and user experiences. We hope these tutorials will infuse your designs with fresh inspiration.
1.Video tutorial for using the prototyping tool – Mockplus
Using prototyping tools can be a tad difficult, especially for new designers. However, Mockplus can significantly simplify your start in UI or UX Design.
Here are some advantages of prototyping.
- Prototyping offers functionality and interaction
While mockups and wireframes are less suited to showcasing animation features in your product, that’s where prototypes can help. Prototyping supports animations and promotes interactions. If you have interactive content on your website or mobile app, a prototype will help you showcase these features with ease.
- Make meaningful communication with various teams involved in the product design.
A prototype will allow you to showcase UX design and all its features to your management, stakeholders and users. If everyone involved in the design process can get a deeper understanding of the functionality of your product, that’s a good sign, because they will know you’re going in the right direction with the project. They will all be able to comment on different aspects of the prototype design.
- Prototyping allows you to detect errors at early stages and saves time and money
As prototyping provides a glimpse of the complete functionality of your product, it will be easier to detect errors in the design at early stages of the development.
- Prototyping enhances collaboration within the team
With a prototype of your product, everyone involved in the project will have an idea of how the product looks and can experience it firsthand. If all the team members understand how the product functions, this can encourage better collaboration in the team. It could also facilitate more meaningful brainstorming to make the product better.
- Prototyping allows you to get user feedback and conduct multiple tests of your product
If you are curious to find out whether your product or design works as per your expectations, then with a prototype, you can easily create test cases and gather valuable user feedback. You can perform usability tests to find out which part of your design requires changes and improve cases of bad user experience.
2. An easy and beneficial Design course – Hackdesign
Hackdesign provides easy to understand tutorials in lesson format of topics ranging from User Interface, Frontend Design and Graphic Design Principles to Product Design, Typography and Advance User Experience.
Hackdesign is easy to use and simple to understand. It is a UI/UX Design tutorial that offers a wide range of material such as blog posts, design documentaries, and more. You can also easily apply everything you learn in the tutorials to your design projects. Hackdesign gives you general design principles and brings relevant business and marketing ideas to the table.
3. A video on Design Thinking
Design Thinking encourages you to explore new alternatives and create options that were not previously visible. Design Thinking focuses on the needs of the user and therefore is an important aspect of UI/UX Design. It helps you better understand the problems faced by users, thereby allowing you to find unique solutions for these problems.
This video will surely get all you UI/UX Designers out there thinking or re-thinking the concept of Design Thinking. The video will give you a better understanding about UI/UX Design.
4. A tutorial to understand the UI/UX design process
This video tutorial on Lynda, by James Williamson will breakdown the design process into five steps:
- Project Planning
Let’s look more closely at the UI/UX design process.
- Make an analysis of requirements
You must first make an analysis of competitive products considering business objectives, user needs and what message the company’s brand seeks to convey. You could interview users to gain an understanding of their online habits and learn what their UX expectation are.
- Design a prototype
Creating a prototype will help you see your product in a functional or semi-functional state. A prototype, helps in understanding the flow and structure of your product. Based on what you experience while testing the prototype, you can modify it to enhance the usability.
- Get the prototype reviewed by experts
A prototype allows you to get a hands-on experience of your product. You could build a prototype and give it to experts for review.
- Conduct an interactive demo of the product
You could conduct interactive demos of the product with high-fidelity prototypes. Give the demo to a wide variety of test users. This will help in better understanding the flaws in your design.
- User testing
Test the functionality of your product and design among selected user test groups. Collect the user feedback and use it to improve your product.
5.A video on UI/UX design examples
If you find yourself running short on ideas for UI/UX design, this will give you some inspiration to get you back on track. This video provides important tips and video tutorial highlights factors that affect the success of a UI/UX design.
- You must remember that the secret to successful UI/UX is to connect with the people who will engage with your product – your target users. You must think about UI/UX design from the user’s perspective.
- To create successful user experiences, a designer must consider the complete experience, rather than focusing on the experience on a page-by-page basis.
- Creating visual priority is also essential to crafting memorable user experiences. By using popular design conventions, you must show the reader what is important on the website and what to focus on.
- Look for ways to streamline and simplify the interface to make it easily navigable. Make it easy for users to find what they are looking for and complete tasks on your website.
6. A video tutorial to help you win user loyalty
An engaging user experience will grant you the loyalty of the users who will return to your website time and time again for the content you provide as well as the overall experience of using your website. It is important to create a deep connection with your audiences on an emotional level with your UI/UX design interface. You can view a SlideShare presentation on Emotional Strategy For Balance UX Design by Mike Donahue – UX Architect.
Hopefully, these UI/UX design tutorials would have certainly provided several valuable tips and tricks on how to become a more effective UI/UX designer.